• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missing menu option Is it because its VM

I hope someone can help me ASAP I have a samsung m910 that was a VM phone. Using it in canada on a cdma network.
I am not getting any incoming calls or text unless I call out first.
The option under Wireless networks for mobile options is not there.
Any idea how to get that option back up?
I bought the phone used and the guy that hooked it up to our CDMA network here said if that option was there he could probably fix it.
Please I need some info here. This phine is for my sub contrating business, and missing jobs because of the problem.
Is it because it is a VM phone? He said sometimes they hide menu options so you can't play with them.
Does this mean I need a NEW phone I can't afford right now?
Mentioned something about flashing it to sprint, but that was a week ago and he still hasent even looked for them. I can't wait much longer....
What is it he is looking for? So I can find it and get him to do what needs to be done, since I know nothing about this stuff.
Thanks ahead of time.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones