Missing People Ap?Support

Last Updated:

1. wardfan

wardfan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere, I tried a search and came up with nothing.

In 1.5 I could add custom ringers for contacts, I cannot find a way to do this since I updated to 2.1. I read that there was a People Ap that was supposed to do that, I cannot find that either. Any ideas?

-Jim

Advertisement
  2. j_bizz89

j_bizz89 Member

for me it works fine. when looking at a contact info i press menu and "options" then u can set a personal ringtone... and with handcent sms u can set custom txt ringtones for each contact

wardfan likes this.
  3. wardfan

Awesome, I never looked there. Thanks a lot for the fast response, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Mods can close if you want, solved.

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

No need to have it closed :)

If others have the same question in the future they may find this thread beneficial or have a comment/question about it.

I'm glad that the community was able to help you get your problem resolved though! :D

5. Misty3

Misty3 Member

I have a question, After I did the update when I got a call it announced who it was that is calling. Then after about a week my moment started vibrating at everything and when I would get a call the ringtones I set would ring instead of the voice announcement. I took it to the sprint store to get them to get rid of the vibration ( I had already unchecked everything that said vibrate). It went back to the voice announcement for receiving calls. Ok here's my question. How do I get my ringtones back with out the vibration? Thanks in advance for your help.

6. wardfan

There should be a setting under the ringer section to turn vibrate on or off. Sorry, not looking at the phone so I can't remember exactly, but I'm sure there is a setting there. On my Hero it's under settings/sound & display, then there's a check box "Phone Vibrate".

@ my OP, on both my wife's Moment and my Hero the "send to voice mail" option doesn't actually send anything to voice mail, the calls still ring. I assume there's an issue with Sprint here or maybe with 1.2 because both phones do it. I have found an app that sort of does this, it answers the call then immediately ends the call, and you can send it to voice mail instead of the hanging up thing. It's called "CallFilter".

@Mod(s) can you rename the thread to something concerning sending straight to voice mail please so it's more accurate to the topic?