• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Missing Settings menus and Applications -- help..

strebest

Lurker
May 3, 2015
Hi,

my S6 Edge 128 seems to be stuck in some 'broken' or limited environment. In the Settings I only have the following 2 menus: Connections and Devices (picture of screen is attached). Also - most of my applications are missing from the windows, as well as the app list. And finally, it seems to be running in a gray scale. I do not even have Play store anymore.

thinking about it, it is like its running Ulta-power saver mode, but with a normalish gray-scale Touchwiz (see second attached picture), and with only 2 settings menus.. (ie: not that really simple black and white 6 buttons). I had Whatsapps in ultasaver mode, and its still here now also.... ODD... but I can find no way out into normal mode... The total list of apps available is: Phone, Contacts, Messages, you tube, Whatsapp..
Might anyone know of a button / special way back to touchwiz normal mode? Can i force a boot into normal power mode of touchwiz?

What I have tried so far:
  • Reboot - made no difference.
  • Reboot and cleared the system cache - as per various instructions... ran but made no difference.
  • powering up
While I think I could factory reboot, it will cost me about 6 hours, as I corporate apps, many email account, and about 60 apps on it running...

Any one have any good tricks? Man and i was really loving this new machine...

-Stephen

background:
Before this happened I was in Ulta-power saving mode (to try it out). I wanted to switch it off, and at 1 point I was prompted with selecting which Touchwiz I wanted.. there were 3 options.. I do not know precisely which they were, but I also NEVER installed any other launchers...
My Machine is Not rooted - ie- it is stock issue in Switzerland, SIM card is from Swisscom.
I should note I run MaaS360

Attachments

• S6 Settings Menu.jpg
    S6 Settings Menu.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 112
  • S6 Odd limited Homescreen.jpg
    S6 Odd limited Homescreen.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones