• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MJPEG Stream Unavailable In Android 5.1.1/Samsung S6

jsoluna

Lurker
Oct 12, 2015
Hey all,

I am having a problem with our Samsung S6 running Android 5.1.1

We are attempting to view an MJPEG video stream over a local connection.

We are able to view the MJPEG stream on most devices, but just recently found out that our Samsung S6 with Android 5.1.1 will not.

I'm downloaded 5 different IP camera viewers, and pointing them to the address on the network will not display the stream either.

I'm wondering if Android 5.1.1 does not natively support MJPEG format. If so, what would be the fix for this? Is there a codec I need to install?

(I tried viewing the stream Chrome and Firefox in addition to the 3rd-party software, I just get a broken link)

Thanks

Justin

Yes, the stream is from an analog to digital video encoder, which we have connected to a local network. Its output type is MJPEG. Is there any other issue that would be causing the broken link icon to appear on our web browsers any time we try to browse to that address? The strange thing is that it streams just fine on the older Android based phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones