MKV Files

Last Updated: 2010-12-15 16:12:03
  1. MonthOLDpickle

MonthOLDpickle Well-Known Member

What do I need to do to get this playable on my phone?

I have a converter of sorts, what settings? Or can you recommend a program and settings that will be nice.

Advertisement
  2. MonthOLDpickle

Another question whats a good resolution to go down to? Original source is 720P (1280 X 720).
  3. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Need to convert to Mp4's. There are posts about resolutions so might be a good idea to search as I cannot remember on the top of my head.
  4. jtan

jtan Member

Videora is a totally free video to android converter, you guys can check it if necessary... As for me, im used to using this Best Video converter to convert various mainstream video .WMV/ .MPG /.AVI/.FLV/.MKV etc. to my andorid phone format .MP4 for watching, It is already optimized for output setting for android phone... easy-to-use.
  5. MonthOLDpickle

I had issues with Videora..I think its how my PC is set up. Than I tried Handbrake..set the output to iTouch/iPhone with a resolution of 480x272 and 500 kbs..turned out perfect.

I am gonna try the link too.
  6. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

7. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Doing a straight conversion from mkv to mp4 won't give you subtitles, in case thats what you want.
  8. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Just a quick note that the inbuilt player in the Galaxy S now supports subtitles on the 2.2.1 JPU update - just watched a little of a 720P MKV with subtitles on JPU. Sweet. My bloody PS3 can't even play those!

Noticed after copying the file across that the media scanner is much faster to scan my 32GB card on this firmware. Nice.

EDIT: Even better than I thought - in settings there are now subtitle options - you can choose text size and colour and even change how they are sync'd - so if there are sync issues you can fix them from within the app! Brilliant.
  9. iffrett

iffrett Well-Known Member

i recently copied a mkv file directly over to my SD card and it prompted me asking if I want to convert it. I just clicked on "yes" and the file was converted to .wma without using any programs. I am running win7 32bit professional. The conversion took a while though, I believe it was about 30min to convert the 40MB file.