• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MMS are "delayed"

deryn

Oct 16, 2009
My fiance and I love sending MMS' to each other. The problem is when I receive an MMS from her, or from anyone for that matter, it comes in as the last text. I click 'download' and it downloads. When it's done downloading, it appears way up the thread ladder and the post says it was sent hours ago.. I hope you guys understand what I'm saying.

For example, she's sending me some now, I receive the first notification, which is at midnight. The first notification has a download button. I click it and it downloads. When it finishes, the photo appears in the thread but at the 8 o'clock mark. I know she didn't send it at 8 o'clock.

I'm using Handcent but i noticed that it displays the same in the default messages program.

Anyone else have this problem?

I've restarted my phone and even tried uninstalled handcent, have her send another with it uninstalled (still happens), then reinstalled it, no go.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones