• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MMS Doesn't Send/Receive over WiFi, 3G Works Properly

tithefug

Oct 28, 2008
Hello,

My wife has an LG Ally, and when connected to a WiFi network, MMS attachments will not download (connection error), and will not send (always says sending). But, if I disable WiFi or forget the network, the attachments will download and send properly.

The phone is stock Froyo and this has been happening for a while. I haven't yet tried using Handcent or Chomp, etc, especially since my wife doesn't like these apps, but I wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone else was experiencing this.

Thanks,

Tithefug

Hello,

My wife has an LG Ally, and when connected to a WiFi network, MMS attachments will not download (connection error), and will not send (always says sending). But, if I disable WiFi or forget the network, the attachments will download and send properly.

The phone is stock Froyo and this has been happening for a while. I haven't yet tried using Handcent or Chomp, etc, especially since my wife doesn't like these apps, but I wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone else was experiencing this.

Thanks,

Tithefug

Happens to me sometimes... 3g is faster than Wifi on my phone but i never had problems sending or recieving MMS with wifi on, it's just slower

is your wifi connection good because mine isn't that fast

Upvote 0
Happens to me sometimes... 3g is faster than Wifi on my phone but i never had problems sending or recieving MMS with wifi on, it's just slower

is your wifi connection good because mine isn't that fast

The WiFi connection is good. It just never connects to the mobile network which is required for MMS to work.

I broke down and installed Handcent, which works properly.

On a side note, I noticed there was an update that addresses messing issues, but the update won't install, as it is using ClockworkMod Recovery. But this is a different issue.

Thanks again,

Tithefug

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones