• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MMS issue from iPhone to S2

Rockk

Jun 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue:

Occasionally when I am sent pictures from a friend of mine (who has an iPhone 4), it fails and I get a message that says:

"One or more of the message components have been deleted by MMS Adaptation. Either the message was too large or the components were unsuitable for your terminal"

The thing is, that I receive some pictures and other give me this error. We both have AT&T, and I'm sure iPhones adjust the size of MMS before they are sent. I just wanted to know if there was anything I could do on my end, if that is were the problem is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Reactions: j510
Actually, a lot of people have this problem, but it's an iPhone>Android problem that right now is still a bit of an unresolved issue. It seems that nobody is in a great hurry to fix it as I would suspect the iPhone is the culprit (since mms going the other way seems to work just fine) and it put's a bad light on Android.

Reactions: j510
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones