• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MMS issue with Go SMS

hb1547

Lurker
Apr 23, 2014
  • Nexus 5, with KitKat up-to-date.
  • T-Mobile.
  • MMS works fine in Hangouts and in Textra.
I'm trying to send/receive MMS in GoSMS, but neither work. Receiving messages freeze at the text "Downloading..." before timing out. Sending messages fail.

Some Googling suggests that turning wifi off can help, but I'm not having any luck with or without wifi enabled.

My current settings in GoSMS:

• MMS Group Chat: Off
  • Activate mobile data: On
  • Send MMS size limit: 2M
  • Auto-retrieve: On
Any ideas?

I haven't filled out an APN config yet, that's my next step I'm guessing? How can I find my APN info?

The APN is carrier-dependent. Google your carrier and apn and you should find at least one page on the web with the info.

MMS is data, so if your APN is wrong you won't be able to send or receive MMS. (SMS isn't data, it goes over the voice channel, so it doesn't need the APN info.) Some apps use the APN in the connection settings, some keep their own local apn data, so you can have a phone that works on the internet but that app won't do MMS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones