• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MMS messaging and VPN services - don't work

AZgl1500

Extreme Android User
Feb 3, 2011
Oklahoma grasslands
I have been sending pictures via MMS for as long as the service has been available to me.

Then, I installed Ad-Guard VPN and just went on my merry way, enjoying the ability to WiFi anywhere, and having a lot of obnoxious advertisements blocked from my view.

Then yesterday, I tried to send some pictures to a friend via MMS.
I waited, and I waited, and I waited...... and all I could see was the 3 blinking dots "I am thinking sir"....

that irked me a bit, had to revert to email... but sometimes, you are conversing to someone via SMS and you just want to drop a small picture "right now"....

Went to sleep on that and woke up with the problem solved.....
the VPN was tunneling right through Verizon's servers and they never saw the MMS picture sending attempt.

I brought up the VPN and hit "Disconnect" and wallah!!! hey it works again.

Just thought I would mention it, in case someone else is wondering what is wrong??

Reactions: Bg260

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones