• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MMS (Picture msg with audio?)

DjOutlaw32

Nov 11, 2009
So Ive been playing with the droid and practically fell in love with every single feature it has. Suddenly I ran into the event of having to send a picture msg to a friend and I also wanted to include a small audio file as well. I previously owned a Samsung Omnia and was plenty capable of doing this action, but with the Droid it only allows me to add one attachment to the Message, either the picture or the sound clip. So the question is does anyone know how to send a MMS with both picture and sound together, or this just one minor limation on behalf of the Android operating system? Any help is greatly appreciated.:cool:
(I've used the stock messaging program as well as Handcent sms<--good app)

Handcent does give you an option to send audio but when you select an audio it gives an error message. What I do alternatively is that I send it using email account. For this you need a file manager program such as Astro. Use that program to find the audio you are trying to send and then long press on it.

You will have the option to send using Bluetooth or Email. Choose Gmail or Email option. In "To:" field you will type the phone number of the receipient then the domain name of the carrier. See list below for list of most commonly used carriers. You do not need to enter anything in subject field or the body of the message.

Alltel = xxxxxxxxxx@message.alltel.com
Amp

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones