• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MMS Slideshow Problems

Lucidot

Android Enthusiast
Feb 8, 2010
When I would get an MMS slideshow on my Blackberry, it would auto-play and I could view it no problem.

When I get an MMS slideshow on the Eris it shows up as a text message with an attachment and each slide is a separate image inside that attachment and I have to click on the initial attachment then I see a list of all of the images and I have to click on each one individually to see it, then back out of that image and rinse and repeat.

Is there anyway to get this to work right?

When I would get an MMS slideshow on my Blackberry, it would auto-play and I could view it no problem.

When I get an MMS slideshow on the Eris it shows up as a text message with an attachment and each slide is a separate image inside that attachment and I have to click on the initial attachment then I see a list of all of the images and I have to click on each one individually to see it, then back out of that image and rinse and repeat.

Is there anyway to get this to work right?

if ya find one please let me know.....i have asked this question before...and no one answered me.... coming from a blackberry this is a very annoying fault....

Upvote 0
I have this issue as well. I think since it also happens within the stock Messages app (I double checked this after download and noticing the problem in Handcent) that it may be either how our phone is receiving the MMS' or how Verizon is processing them. Although it's more than likely, IMO a software problem since slideshows worked for me on 1.5.
I have yet to find a resolution to this problem, no matter how much research I do.
FWIW I'm running 2.1v3 right now.

Upvote 0
I found the reason for MMS slideshow and was able to recreate it multiple times.

Using iPhone 4 I created message with photo in this order:
1. Typed text
2. Inserted picture (regardless from photo gallery or take it while crating a message)
3. Press Send.

The message comes as slide show.

If I create message with photo in this order:
1. Inserted picture (regardless from photo gallery or take it while crating a message)
2. Typed text
3. Pressed Send.

The message comes as image with text below.

I don't know if this is intentional or not. I asked my wife to remember to attach image first, then type text. If she forgets, I will remind her.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones