MMS Slideshow ProblemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Lucidot

Lucidot Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I would get an MMS slideshow on my Blackberry, it would auto-play and I could view it no problem.

When I get an MMS slideshow on the Eris it shows up as a text message with an attachment and each slide is a separate image inside that attachment and I have to click on the initial attachment then I see a list of all of the images and I have to click on each one individually to see it, then back out of that image and rinse and repeat.

Is there anyway to get this to work right?

Advertisement
  2. Lucidot

Am I the only one that has this issue?

3. rvpartsguy

rvpartsguy Well-Known Member

if ya find one please let me know.....i have asked this question before...and no one answered me.... coming from a blackberry this is a very annoying fault....

4. swashmore

swashmore Member

X2
    Many times my slideshow will only show 2 out of 10 pictures. Why is this such a problem. I have to download each picture individually. Pretty much a pain in the butt.

5. Lucidot

Agree. Hell my cheap dumb phone played slideshows.

Have any of you tried the other messaging apps out there? I think Handcent is one.

6. rvpartsguy

rvpartsguy Well-Known Member

i only use Handcent.....and it tries to play them but will only show you the first and last slide

7. rgrant

rgrant Member

Yea, same deal here. This is so irritating. I've tried handcent and now chomp and still cant watch a series of pictures in a text. Anybody able to help?

8. Atamagaokashii

Atamagaokashii Member

I have this issue as well. I think since it also happens within the stock Messages app (I double checked this after download and noticing the problem in Handcent) that it may be either how our phone is receiving the MMS' or how Verizon is processing them. Although it's more than likely, IMO a software problem since slideshows worked for me on 1.5.
    I have yet to find a resolution to this problem, no matter how much research I do.
    FWIW I'm running 2.1v3 right now.

9. jtersh

jtersh Member

it is definitely annoying....i have the same issue....

10. Ronbo

Ronbo New Member

Has anyone found ANY resolution to this issue yet? This phone can do amazing things, but it can't play a slideshow? There has got to be a fix...
    I am on hold right now for HTC Tech Support, lets see what they have to say.

11. FJF6454

FJF6454 New Member

I found the reason for MMS slideshow and was able to recreate it multiple times.

Using iPhone 4 I created message with photo in this order:
    1. Typed text
    2. Inserted picture (regardless from photo gallery or take it while crating a message)
    3. Press Send.

The message comes as slide show.

If I create message with photo in this order:
    1. Inserted picture (regardless from photo gallery or take it while crating a message)
    2. Typed text
    3. Pressed Send.

The message comes as image with text below.

I don't know if this is intentional or not. I asked my wife to remember to attach image first, then type text. If she forgets, I will remind her.

Hope that helps.