MMS to AT&T not working with handcent.Support

Last Updated:

1. skunis1

skunis1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am having a problem sending MMS to AT&T from my Incredible. I attached the photo and it resizes it and says it sends but my friend never gets it. I tried to send one with the stock messaging app and it went through.

SMS messages go through fine. I even upped the size limit of a picture from 300KB to 1M and still nothing and some of the resized pics are way less than 300KB.

I was able to send an older pic that didn't need to be resized. Could it be the resizing?

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Advertisement
  2. coffee_carafe

coffee_carafe Member

Anyway that you friend could check the filesize/dimensions it comes through at using the stock messaging app? And then sms someone else and see how large it comes through from handcent?

My guess is handcent is making the pictures larger than AT&T wants to accept... but that's just a guess. *shrug*

3. skunis1

I just checked and actually one of the pics I sent with the stock app is larger than one I sent with handcent.

Funny thing is everyone else is getting my MMS msgs but they are all with VZW. And, I can receive MMS from my AT&T friend.

4. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

I have sent pictures to my ladies iphone just fine. No issues here.

5. crupp

crupp Well-Known Member

no problems here with Pics or video. Except for the audio (damn Steve).

6. skunis1

Hmmm...my friend has an iPhone. I don't know y he is not getting them from Handcent.

7. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

Sorry I should have specified. I am also using Handcent and I haven't had any issues viewing or sending MMS to iphones. There is also an update for Handcent my phone just prompted me for. It is updating now. I would suggest also trying to update it if you haven't, it may solve your issues.

8. Itsnotrobert

Itsnotrobert New Member

When I send MMS messages to an Iphone, the only way i can get them to go threw is by using the stock Inc. messaging app and using the edit function after attaching the pic and adding something into the title.

I cant get any MMS messages to an Iphone using handcent.

I phones r the only phones i have trouble with. I have other friends on ATT that use phones other than iphones and I have no problems sending pics to them.

9. skunis1

I just did the update to Handcent and I got one to go though to my friend with an iPhone but then tried a 2nd one and nothing. Very strange.

I was able to send pic msg to a Sprint customer with no issues.

I posted a comment on handcent's site and hopefully they fix this issue.

10. rabernet

rabernet Well-Known Member

I just used Handcent to send a picture of a rental car I got today to a friend on AT&T. He said he got it.

11. skunis1

Does your friend have an iPhone?

12. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

It's an AT&T and iPhone issue. I had an iPhone and it's harder than heck to get a picture to come through right. I've also heard issues with VZW Android devices to iPhones for some odd reason. AT&T's network sucks so bad I was surprised when I actually ever did receive an MMS.

13. Shotgunx1x

Shotgunx1x Well-Known Member

When sending pictures to friends that are on verizon, it works just fine. But when I send pictures to a couple friends that have iphones, it just won't go through.

14. skunis1

Funny thing is I can get an MMS through to my friend's iPhone with the stock msg app but not Handcent.

15. DocTauri

DocTauri Well-Known Member

I have been having this same problem for quite some time, and again today. Can't send a pic to an iPhone friend to save my life with Handcent, goes through first try with the stock messaging app.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Doc