• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root mobile id bug draining my data

Screenshot_2015-08-03-21-30-16.png
How do i fix this or remove mobile id

From what I've seen, Mobile ID is found a lot on phones from Sprint MVNOs (specifically Virgin and Boost), and possibly even on Sprint itself. I imagine it's supposed to "make it easy for customers to find value-added applications and services" but it mostly seems to just function as a conduit for carrier-provided bloatware.

Sometimes it gets hung up and causes weird issues, like constantly downloading the same apps over and over, waking the device repeatedly and draining the battery in the process.

Out of curiosity, did you try to uninstall/disable any other preinstalled apps first? If so, it's possible that Mobile ID got hung up trying to reinstall it.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
From what I understand its a add on from virgin mobile I'm not sure if other carriers have it. Good thing I was already over the data cap or I would of got ripped off my whole 2.5 gb data plan
Sprint, Boost, VM.. I always cancelled the BS downloads and disabled it until I got Root. Rip that Mobile ID & Connections (Un)Optimizer apps. Yes, safe to remove & disable

Upvote 0
From what I've seen, Mobile ID is found a lot on phones from Sprint MVNOs (specifically Virgin and Boost), and possibly even on Sprint itself. I imagine it's supposed to "make it easy for customers to find value-added applications and services" but it mostly seems to just function as a conduit for carrier-provided bloatware.

Sometimes it gets hung up and causes weird issues, like constantly downloading the same apps over and over, waking the device repeatedly and draining the battery in the process.

Out of curiosity, did you try to uninstall/disable any other preinstalled apps first? If so, it's possible that Mobile ID got hung up trying to reinstall it.

All I did was factory reset and I got a pop saying mobile id has stopped. I didnt know it was eating my data in the background for the last 3 days

Upvote 0
All I did was factory reset and I got a pop saying mobile id has stopped. I didnt know it was eating my data in the background for the last 3 days
You could also turn off data (settings-mobile network) and/or restrict background data (settings-apps-mobileID) until you freeze/delete/uninstall the app

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones