• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile Network issue??

I used to have the APN switch, as I didn't want my 3G on all the time and going to the settings was a long way around to turn it on and off.
However, since the update has brought the top settings into the drop down menu, I've decided not to use APN switch anymore.
I uninstalled it, however, Mobile Network is not working? It's "On" but not connecting at all.

Anyone got any idea what could be holding it back?

I used to have the APN switch, as I didn't want my 3G on all the time and going to the settings was a long way around to turn it on and off.
However, since the update has brought the top settings into the drop down menu, I've decided not to use APN switch anymore.
I uninstalled it, however, Mobile Network is not working? It's "On" but not connecting at all.

Anyone got any idea what could be holding it back?
Did you restore your apn settings before uninstalling the app?

Upvote 0
Press the Menu key
Tap Settings
Tap Wireless & networks
Tap Mobile networks
Tap Access Point Names

Is this empty ???
if so:
Press the Menu key
Tap New APN
then try pressing backup key then the home key and go back into APN again to see if the APN choices are there. If so select the right one.
If they are still not there select reset to default at bottom right after pressing menu when in the APNs section

-------------------------------------------------------------------
if already populated then just select the appropriate APN for your network
You may have to get the settings sent to phone via network provider via SIM Toolkit in Apps
Check this thread also:
http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-...upgraded-2-3-5-now-no-data-connection-o2.html

Upvote 0
I just uninstalled it.. how do I reset the apn settings?

From memory (as I am now using a custom ROM on my phone)...

From your homescreen - "menu=>settings=>wireless & networks=>mobile networks=>Access Point Names (may be just APN's)" then hit menu again and you should have the option to reset to defaults.

If this doesn't sort your APN's, you can get them from your network... when I called Orange UK, they told me that they couldn't text them to the DHD, but asked me to call back and from a different phone and then they talked me through them. :)

EDIT - ninja'd by lucids, as I was too slow in replying

Reactions: disconfigured
Upvote 0
Press the Menu key
Tap Settings
Tap Wireless & networks
Tap Mobile networks
Tap Access Point Names

Is this empty ???
if so:
Press the Menu key
Tap New APN
then try pressing backup key then the home key and go back into APN again to see if the APN choices are there. If so select the right one.
If they are still not there select reset to default at bottom right after pressing menu when in the APNs section

-------------------------------------------------------------------
if already populated then just select the appropriate APN for your network
You may have to get the settings sent to phone via network provider via SIM Toolkit in Apps
Check this thread also:
http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-...upgraded-2-3-5-now-no-data-connection-o2.html

From memory (as I am now using a custom ROM on my phone)...

From your homescreen - "menu=>settings=>wireless & networks=>mobile networks=>Access Point Names (may be just APN's)" then hit menu again and you should have the option to reset to defaults.

If this doesn't sort your APN's, you can get them from your network... when I called Orange UK, they told me that they couldn't text them to the DHD, but asked me to call back and from a different phone and then they talked me through them. :)

EDIT - ninja'd by lucids, as I was too slow in replying

Worked perfectly! Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones