Mobile Networks Status Disabled alwaysSupport

Last Updated:

1. bern

bern Member This Topic's Starter

Hi!

I have the following problem with my Milestone: the mobile network status is always disabled no matter what I do! I have tried to switch the WI-FI network off, and I have tried to apply the airplane mode (as suggested here: Mobile Network Disabled?? - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum). Nothing helps. Actually, I have never seen the mobile network (3G/H) working on my Milestone since I got it.

I have a SIM card of my local operator, and that same SIM card is working fine on my HTC Hero. So there I can use 3G/H normally. It is also sad that there is no manual switch (I mean an option) in Droid/Milestone to switch the mobile network on/off manually just like in HTC Hero.

Today I installed the available updates to phone but it did not help.

Does any one have solution to this issue? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Alex

Advertisement
  2. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member

Have you input your carrier's APN settings? Find it under wireless and networks, mobile networks and check there.

3. bern

bern Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, that was the solution. It seems that Milestone could not load these settings from the SIM card as did HTC Hero. All I did is added a couple of things (Name + APN) there and now everything works fine.