• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD] Remove Clock in Notification Bar

You'd need to check with the Captivate Themers and ROMers, because most everything from another phone, let alone another manufacturer, are not going to work.

Thanks so much for info. I do believe all the info for the Notification Bar in is the services.jar file. I have the one that has been modified for the clock removal. I assume I could rename my present file and then place this new file in the framework folder and if it didn't work I could go back and move the new file and change name back on the original.

Upvote 0
this is probably a dumb question but do I need to wipe data and cache?
I checked one of the "all in one guides" but either missed or the info was not there. Do I need to wipe / cache for all themes or mods?

thanks for helping a newbie

No need to wipe anything.

I know it's in the Droid X forums, but will this mod work for my LG Ally?

No way, but this mod can be easily recreated for the Ally, just ask one of the devs for that device.

Upvote 0
This is nice!! but i have a dumb question now... how do we get the clock back if we wanted to.... i guess we dont know what we have until we've lost it :) i am sure i can restore my nandroid back up.. .but there has to be a easier way right?

You can try re-applying the original services.jar you had installed before doing the clock mod since that's what is modified to remove the clock.

If that doesn't work, then nandroid :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones