• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MoDaCo Custom Hero ROM for the CDMA Hero

tagging post.

What happens when HTC releases 1.6 or 2.0?

All signs point to HTC jumping straight to 2.0, I've heard December/January timeframe.

Unless they do an OTA update that forces the update to install without user intervention, the ROM builders will just grab the update images and modify them to preserve root access, and whatever custom crazyness they've done.

MoDaCo's ROM is nice in that respect, as he should be able to roll out a 2.0 update that will be very close to the 'stock' update released by HTC/Sprint, while preserving root, apps2sd and busybox.

Upvote 0
Ok I WANT to say that its a placebo effect, because, I dunno, just seems likely, but...i really don't think so. For example, normally when I fire up the borwser for the first time it says "retrieving sign in details" for a few seconds.

I could barely see it when I launched it on this!

True test will be in a few hours when I've used it for a bit, see if it slows right back down, but so far, VERY impressed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones