• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Modern Warfare 3?

I read somewhere that 3 different developers are basically sewing together a full game. This potentially has disaster written all over it. People will buy it though, but this is a wait and see for me. It will probably be buggy as hell and MP might feel completely different, so give it a month or so after release to make a decision

Upvote 0
The MoH SP was epic. The MP needed some work but it wasn't given enough time overall.

My point exactly. The SP had some great features that were missing from the MP because they were developed by different companies.

i liked battlefield better.. GREAT sounds, and the stabbing was the best! wasnt 100% accurate but still better than these lunge swipes or non existent air swipes!!!

MW is done... it'll be something else and it will probably suck... they have milked COD enough.

The Battlefield series IMO is the best FPS series to date. Dice knows how to make an entire series of games without making it just rehash after boring rehash like the CoD series is.

Also, in Bad Company 2, I prefer killing people with the engineer tool or the defibrillator rather than the knife. It's that much more satisfying. ;)

Upvote 0
Be interesting to see what happens in regards to MW3..

I for one cannot seem to get right into Black Ops on the 360 this time around . seems to glitch , lag , stutter and has some of the weirdest hit detection ever ..all the things that SHOULD not be happening online .. not to mention the shooting around corners crap lol..

Anyway .. I went back to MW2 and MW1 and instantly it felt "right" .. not sure why though :p

I hope to god they learn from the mistakes .. hacking..lobbys etc and actually make it the best they can.

Upvote 0
I won't be surprised if they come out with something in November, like they've been doing. Whether or not it's worth buying is another story all together. Is the remainder of IW going to be working on it? I didn't read the article... I'll go do that now =p

**EDIT** Yupp my prior opinion still stands, though I have a little faith that maybe the companies can pull it off. While I have never heard of Raven, Singularity LOOKED LIKE (aka I never played it) a pretty good game.

And BTW they picked a great map for the pic... Bog <3

Upvote 0
No question whatsoever, it will be much better on PC.

Yeahhhh but for me, I could careless what will appear better. I go where my friends go, in terms of gaming. I'm the only one with a rig that would be able to handle it.

**EDIT** Yupp my prior opinion still stands, though I have a little faith that maybe the companies can pull it off. While I have never heard of Raven, Singularity LOOKED LIKE (aka I never played it) a pretty good game.

And BTW they picked a great map for the pic... Bog <3

Singularity was a decent game. Buggy as hell but decent nonetheless.

Upvote 0
Singularity was a decent game. Buggy as hell but decent nonetheless.

Yeah? Well then hopefully Raven and the remainder of IW can pull it together, along with this Activision internal Sledgehammer or whatever it was called, and make us a game on par with CoD4 and MW2... mostly CoD4 but I'd be happy with MW2 performance =D

Upvote 0
Be interesting to see what happens in regards to MW3..

I for one cannot seem to get right into Black Ops on the 360 this time around . seems to glitch , lag , stutter and has some of the weirdest hit detection ever ..all the things that SHOULD not be happening online .. not to mention the shooting around corners crap lol..

Anyway .. I went back to MW2 and MW1 and instantly it felt "right" .. not sure why though :p

I hope to god they learn from the mistakes .. hacking..lobbys etc and actually make it the best they can.

I kinda feel the opposite. I have seen much much more shooting around corners in MW2 than blops. Magic bullets were caused by netcode that, in an effort to avoid uber-host domination, evened out lag between all the players (or so I've heard). I honestly don't see this as much in blops. Its still there, but not as severe in my observation.

But regarding MW3, Raven did make the soldier of fortune games which were loads of fun...mostly due to the disemboweling, dismembering, decapitating bloody goodness. If you were quick you should shoot off both legs and maybe an arm or two before the body hit the ground with a heavy machine gun. For some reason...I don't think MW3 multiplayer will have that stuff.

Upvote 0
I kinda feel the opposite. I have seen much much more shooting around corners in MW2 than blops. Magic bullets were caused by netcode that, in an effort to avoid uber-host domination, evened out lag between all the players (or so I've heard). I honestly don't see this as much in blops. Its still there, but not as severe in my observation.

But regarding MW3, Raven did make the soldier of fortune games which were loads of fun...mostly due to the disemboweling, dismembering, decapitating bloody goodness. If you were quick you should shoot off both legs and maybe an arm or two before the body hit the ground with a heavy machine gun. For some reason...I don't think MW3 multiplayer will have that stuff.

Cod WaW kinda had the dismemberment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones