• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Monsoon "Volcano"...for those waiting for Sling/HAVA support.

i picked up a slingbox today and got it all up and running even on my droid. However i grabbed my wifes ipod just now (she was at work) beacuse the vulkano ipod software is out. That software connected to the "myhava platnium hd" box that i have just fine. So now i wonder will the android app work then too? Did i just wasted $150 on a sling box??

Upvote 0
i picked up a slingbox today and got it all up and running even on my droid. However i grabbed my wifes ipod just now (she was at work) beacuse the vulkano ipod software is out. That software connected to the "myhava platnium hd" box that i have just fine. So now i wonder will the android app work then too? Did i just wasted $150 on a sling box??

Did the email you got from them say it will "not work", or "not supported". Not supported is the way Sling went. On Sling, the older boxes work, but I seem to remember they won't do full screen on the phone, where as Sling Solo and up will.

Let us know how things work out, and if both work, which you like better on your Droid...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones