• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

More sad news

Tickle, my almost 11 year old German Shepherd died yesterday. She had degenerative myleopathy, it's the canine version of ALS. She'd been losing a little bit of coordination for a long while, it would get a bit worse then level off but as time went on it progressed quicker. She also had arthritis so that didn't help her compensate for her gait/coordination loses, even though she was medicated she was stiff in her back legs - where the disease's effects start. She went downhill fast over the past week, I think she had some sort of event, she fell or jumped or strained herself somehow and wasn't in good enough shape to overcome this setback this time. She lost her balance and ended up leaning/standing on her front knee with her back legs and body crumpled underneath. She did that multiple times Sunday and yesterday so it was time to say goodbye. I'm devastated, it's so empty and quiet without her (and Raphael) here.

OH NO not again........truly i am sorry.

Get Well Soon Hug GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Upvote 0
My deepest sympathies for this sad turn of events. I’m glad you had them in your life for a good long while, but the emptiness screams all the louder.
May your precious and sweet memories overcome the silence and grief.
Your dear furriends are back together again, playing and romping as they once did when they were both with you. They are part of your heart and always will be there.

Upvote 0
My heart goes out to you, @Clementine_3. A double-whammy like this is always super hard to deal with. From what you described, it does sound like something happened and Tickle just wasn't able to recover from it, something that if she had been young and healthy likely would've gone unnoticed.

I feel awful for you but, as always in this situation, don't really know what to say. That's because I know there's nothing I CAN say that will actually help.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, and rest assured that your kids are now reunited at Rainbow Bridge...

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones