More than three screens?

1. GRardB

GRardB Well-Known Member

I want more room for my applications! Do you guys think we'll be able to get more screens eventually? My friends with the iPhone seem to have an unlimited amount...I'm a little jealous. Whatever, they don't have a keyboard! Haha!

But seriously, is there any reason why Google wouldn't give that to us? Maybe too many resources? I dunno, just asking.

Thanks,
    Gerard

Advertisement
  2. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

but if you have more screens then surely you would end forgetting what screen they were on? and it would be quicker to just bring up the menu.

I only have my most used on the homescreens and then leave the rest on the menu which can be accessed from any of the three current homescreens.
  3. GRardB

GRardB Well-Known Member

I guess it just depends on personal preference. I would probably not forget which apps were where, because I like categorizing everything. For example, with the current 3 screen limitation, I have tool applications (like stopwatch, calculator, alarm, flashlight, etc.) on the left screen, communication applications and frequently used apps (Gmail, contacts, messaging, notes, market, etc.) in the middle, and entertainment (games, Mario simulator, We the Peope, etc.) on the right. Then there are some applications that don't really fit in these categories (or there are too many in one category for one screen)...Maybe I'm being picky or complicated, but it's just the way I like things to work.

I think another thing to consider is that once you get enough applications on your phone, looking for them on in the menu can get pretty annoying.

I totally understand where you're coming from though.

To each his own I guess. :)

Gerard
  4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

I simply create a folder on the desktop and then put all the same type of apps in those folders .... sounds like you have no more than 3 currently and wth folders it is easy to organize and takes minimal real estate as well as easy to find than going to a clutter apps tab ...even if they are in alpha order .... so maybe give folders a try .... Works for Me !
  5. GODMODE

GODMODE Well-Known Member

I find that I rarely actually click on an app to use it, because when I get an alert (calendar, email, etc) the blinds pull down allows me to access it there. When I am starting an event, or creating an email, its just a matter of clicking the app icon - so its only half the time.
  6. GRardB

GRardB Well-Known Member

I never knew you could make folders. I like the idea, but can you change their names?
  7. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Yes you can rename a folder ...
  8. GRardB

GRardB Well-Known Member

Alright, I figured it out. I wasn't sure how to do it before.

If anyone else can't figure it out, hold on the title of the window when the folder is open.

Thanks for the suggestion!
  9. bpw

bpw Member

Having more than 3 screens may very well be possible, but I think the much larger issue is that the pull-up menu of applications is only in alphabetical order, not organized by types of applications and/or in folders. Once you've downloaded a number of apps and perhaps some games, the clutter and confusion take over. A big duh.

It would also be nice to see the desktop capable of having folders for groups of applications.
  10. jhsanchez

jhsanchez Member

How do you rename a folder - haven't figured it out yet
  11. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

I have five screens on my Devour running Blur. I only use the homescreen. I just use the menu for anything that isn't on my homescreen.
  12. Isthmus

Isthmus Well-Known Member

Try running LauncherPro Beta. I have a moto dorid running 2.1 with LP over it. I ahve 7 screens, active home screen rotate, pinch type screen preview and a 15 item app dock which supports multiple configurations. It also allows you to add extra desktop drawer rows and columns, and supports widgets ad live wallpapers.

There is at least one other desktop replacement (I forget which but I want to say Ahome) that gives you unlimited screens. I'm not sure I like that as a feature though, since unlike the Iphone, The app drawer collects all the apps and the Android desktops are configurable for useful things like widgets and grouping apps.