• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Most Stable 4.1.2 ROM

jamoosh

Android Enthusiast
Dec 8, 2010
Hi everybody,

Firstly, I'm grateful for the Awe development community here. There is really a surfeit of great roms for this device. I have tried several of the 4.4.4 (KitKat) created by PhenomX4 and others. I am looking to roll back to Android 4.1.2 primarily due to the External SD (App2SD) support, and in part, due to stability issues. I'm looking for stability and battery life over bells and whistles or gaming performance. It's my understanding that the options are stock, or "L Awe", though I'm not sure if there are others. I'm just curious if any other users here have any suggestions.

Thanks.

Hi everybody,

Firstly, I'm grateful for the Awe development community here. There is really a surfeit of great roms for this device. I have tried several of the 4.4.4 (KitKat) created by PhenomX4 and others. I am looking to roll back to Android 4.1.2 primarily due to the External SD (App2SD) support, and in part, due to stability issues. I'm looking for stability and battery life over bells and whistles or gaming performance. It's my understanding that the options are stock, or "L Awe", though I'm not sure if there are others. I'm just curious if any other users here have any suggestions.

Thanks.
Sorry to hear that I'm currently on lollipop and it runs like wonders l awe is stock

Reactions: jamoosh
Upvote 0
Thanks for your response. Are you running the CM12 Alpha, 5.0.2, and does it seem to be more stable than the 4.4.4 roms? My main issues with the Kit Kat roms I've used has been random reboots, and battery life, and as mentioned, poor App2SD support. Admittedly, I haven't used any of the earlier roms as much, so mine could well be issues specific to my device. Another observation is that the camera seemed to work better on stock, versus Kit Kat (the actual quality of images, not the broken camera app which can be resolved by using third party applications). Camera is actually quite important to me, and one of the main reasons I upgraded from my old phone. Thanks again.

Sorry to hear that I'm currently on lollipop and it runs like wonders l awe is stock

Upvote 0
Cool. Thanks for sharing your experience. How does battery life compare on Lollipop?

If flashing a new rom doesn't resolve the issue, I may try drilling a hole in the device, as some other users have mentioned, to resolve random reboot issues.

Been using lollipop for a week no reboot kitkat I used gummy ROM and nameless no reboot

Upvote 0
Personally I felt that the KK Roms had better life on ART, but I never drew any metrics, so was just a hunch. Also I never really had any reboot issues and when I did It was when I was messing around with high clock speeds. The camera is an issue for all the non-stock ROMs (although open camera seems to work ok on them). The last Lollipop build I tried had problems with messaging and MMS so Im holding off on trying that until a newer build. I havent messed with App2SD, I guess i dont use that many apps

Upvote 0
Cool. Thanks for sharing your experience. How does battery life compare on Lollipop?

If flashing a new rom doesn't resolve the issue, I may try drilling a hole in the device, as some other users have mentioned, to resolve random reboot issues.
Last all day I have very few apps and GPS turned off and text / MMS works for me camera too using third party apps does the job

Upvote 0
Thanks for all of the information. After a few hours of fooling around, I've landed on L Awe, and it seems to be working well so far.

Thanks again.
Personally I felt that the KK Roms had better life on ART, but I never drew any metrics, so was just a hunch. Also I never really had any reboot issues and when I did It was when I was messing around with high clock speeds. The camera is an issue for all the non-stock ROMs (although open camera seems to work ok on them). The last Lollipop build I tried had problems with messaging and MMS so Im holding off on trying that until a newer build. I havent messed with App2SD, I guess i dont use that many apps

Oh sorry, didnt answer your question, I think all of the stock ROMs are fairly stable/functional. There are a few options- Moonshine, AWEsome, L Awe...

Last all day I have very few apps and GPS turned off and text / MMS works for me camera too using third party apps does the job

Upvote 0
How's lollipop f
running for the moto g lollipop
Perfectly on the stock rom and the official CM12 nightlies finally got rid of the boot loader/kernel flicker issues. There's some 5.1 Roms already out and they're experiencing some minor bugs but on the whole its developing nicely. A "little birdy" told me official 5.1.X is just around the corner. [emoji6]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Perfectly on the stock rom and the official CM12 nightlies finally got rid if the boot loader/kernel flicker issues. There's some 5.1 Roms already out and they're experiencing some minor bugs but on the whole its developing nicely. A "little birdy" told me official 5.1.X is just around the corner. [emoji6]
Glad to hear that flickers can get bit annoying at times just waiting for the slim to drop still some things that need to be added

Reactions: roadkill42
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones