• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motion Base Power Mgmt

An app which use the accelamometer to detemine if the G1 has been sitting still for a period of time - user configurable.

If it still, it shuts off services such as wifi, G3, bluetooth, gps to save battery. My gps logger does this. Different from locale, because if I set it down on my desk for a while, it would basically shut a bunch of stuff off.

Upon motion it restores to the prior state. Or upon use - again a user selectable option. So if I take it off my desk and stick it in my pocket it would stay in the "low power" state if I chose that option.

And if it was plugged in I could choose if it would fall to the lower power state. Kind of like the power settings on a laptop.

An app which use the accelamometer to detemine if the G1 has been sitting still for a period of time - user configurable.

If it still, it shuts off services such as wifi, G3, bluetooth, gps to save battery. My gps logger does this. Different from locale, because if I set it down on my desk for a while, it would basically shut a bunch of stuff off.

Upon motion it restores to the prior state. Or upon use - again a user selectable option. So if I take it off my desk and stick it in my pocket it would stay in the "low power" state if I chose that option.

And if it was plugged in I could choose if it would fall to the lower power state. Kind of like the power settings on a laptop.
This seemed weird to me at first, but the more I think about it, the more I like it!

Upvote 0
This is definatly something that needs to be added to Locale.

Being still or in motion is a really good trigger for things like turning on BT when you're driving. So if you're moving 20-25mph+ turn on and connect to BT, turn on GPS, and turn off wifi. Once there is a good turn by turn navigator this would be a good trigger to turn it on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones