Motion Base Power Mgmt

Last Updated:

1. Orcatek

Orcatek Member This Topic's Starter

An app which use the accelamometer to detemine if the G1 has been sitting still for a period of time - user configurable.

If it still, it shuts off services such as wifi, G3, bluetooth, gps to save battery. My gps logger does this. Different from locale, because if I set it down on my desk for a while, it would basically shut a bunch of stuff off.

Upon motion it restores to the prior state. Or upon use - again a user selectable option. So if I take it off my desk and stick it in my pocket it would stay in the "low power" state if I chose that option.

And if it was plugged in I could choose if it would fall to the lower power state. Kind of like the power settings on a laptop.

Advertisement
  2. richy240

richy240 Well-Known Member

This seemed weird to me at first, but the more I think about it, the more I like it!

3. Alarictric

Alarictric Member

this is an awesome idea, id love to see this one developed, anything to save battery life

4. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member

This is definatly something that needs to be added to Locale.

Being still or in motion is a really good trigger for things like turning on BT when you're driving. So if you're moving 20-25mph+ turn on and connect to BT, turn on GPS, and turn off wifi. Once there is a good turn by turn navigator this would be a good trigger to turn it on.

5. qiancheng

qiancheng New Member

Very glad to see the app, it sounds great!
    Does it mean that it can make the phone have several energy states and dynamically change states depends on the phone's current workload?
    Thanks