moto droid question

Last Updated:

1. emirsosa

emirsosa Member This Topic's Starter

im looking in ebay for a moto droid(nexus is expensive) so my question is that if i buy a moto droid that says bad esn(what this means?) can i use it here in belize(outside USA)? also can i unlock the moto droid myself like how i did it with iphone. i know to activate it i have to go to the phone comapny.

Advertisement
  2. growler13

growler13 Well-Known Member

If the esn is bad it means your going to have problems connecting to a network. An esn is a unique number assigned to a phone to connect to CDMA networks, and if its marked as bad it could mean its stolen, or reported for some reason. I don't know if Belize uses CDMA networks or what carriers do, but you might want to google it. The droid won't work on GSM networks.

3. emirsosa

yea i know that droid wont work on gsm. here in belize we have cdma and gsm networks. but will the esn be an issue here in belize?

4. kyleonfire

kyleonfire Well-Known Member

it'll be an issue anywhere. When i reported my voyager stolen last year, verizon locked the esn. Even after I recovered the phone it was unusable, completely bricked.
    You also mentioned you had an iPhone. If you're going to try and use the same network, it won't work. iPhone uses GSM(sim cards) and Droid uses CDMA

5. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

im selling my droid for the right price (USD)

6. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Actually you should be able to activate as long as the network isn't associated. With VZW on any way.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

7. emirsosa

yes i had a iphone and i understand that if i want a moto droid i would need to switch to cdma.

hey how about if i buy the moto droid do i need to unlock it or something like that?

8. ghlancaster

ghlancaster Active Member

yea man stay away from the bad esn phones. i just got one off ebay for about $350 i believe the seller was "doodadz" or something like that. great experience all together with the seller.nice refurbished phone, screen had no scratches but my earpiece speaker seems to be a little messed up, could be blown im not sure but it wasn't that big of deal for me and well worth the the price to get away from my old bb storm.

9. ghlancaster

ghlancaster Active Member

if you buy one with a clear esn such as a refurbished one you can just activate it online at verizon.com or take it into the store and they will do it, but probably for a fee.

10. emirsosa

i dont mean using it at USA. im from belize so if i bring the phone to belize does it need to be unlocked or can i unlock it