• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto E815 and proud of it

dweezle

Jul 17, 2010
Howdy folks,
I'm getting pulled by the smart phone sirens. I am still trying to figure out how my life will be better if I owned any smart phone. I need to make voice calls from some pretty remote places. Right now I have an antenna amp in my vehicle and I can tether, if I need to, with my laptop or notebooks. The cost of a full on data plan seems excessive to me (Verizon customer). I wish there was a way to just get my hands on an Android phone to play with for a couple of months, without being married to a new 2 year plan and a monster ETF. It's the openness of the Android platform that attracts me.
I'm hoping I can eventually figure things out by lurking here.

Well I made the leap. I now own a Droid X that I bought on Craigslist. I think I might have jumped into the deep end of the pool. The phone came pre-rooted to Apex 2.0 rc2. Now I just have to figure out how to use the phone and exactly what all this ROM, root, flash, wipe, etc means. Please keep your eyes peeled for posts from me saying that I have screwed up my phone by messing with it, and am begging for help.

By the way, I truly love what I can do with a smart phone and wish that I hadn't waited this long.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones