• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moto G (XT1031) - Flash stock ROM, Stuck in bootloop, USB Debugging not enabled

vidal

Lurker
Apr 11, 2016
Hello!

I'm having issues trying to flash a stock ROM onto my Motorola Moto G (XT1031). When I first got the phone it was pre-installed with a custom ROM by TextNow, for their TextNow Wireless service which I used not too long ago. Now that I am not using their data plans, I wanted to flash a stock ROM so that I would not be annoyed by the app's constant pop-ups whenever I would use the phone. I'll be using my phone for taking pictures, watching videos, trying to call and access the dialer, but every few seconds the app would open and ask me to select a service plan, which I do not want. I still use TextNow to make calls to my family through WiFi but I do not need to use their data plans.

I already downloaded the stock ROM and installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot. My phone is already unlocked, yet when I accidentally chose to factory-reset my device it disabled USB Debugging from Developer Options. Whenever I power the phone on it plays its boot animation then ends abruptly with a black display.

When I access Fastboot on my device, it displays these options. (Sorry for the low quality image.)
WIN_20160411_15_15_52_Pro.jpg

Whenever I enter the Recovery option, it displays the text "No command".

This is my first time toying with an Android device, and I'm hoping that I can bring this phone back to life with a fresh ROM installed.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones