• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Rising

Android Enthusiast
Jul 7, 2011
Has anyone else noticed that after you download moto home fix and go back to using motoblur you can no longer hit the home button to take you back to your main page? You can close out of apps and stuff by pressing home, but if your just on a different page and you hit home it doesn't do anything and just keeps you there. I uninstalled moto home fix and now I can use the home button again. Is there a way around this?

Care to point me to moto home fix so I can try it?

Yes, do post.

Moto Home Fix

Also this app uses the same service:

HomeSmack

It basically adds a helper service that adds the stock Motorola launcher to the default action list, so you can switch from GO to LPP and back to stock.

I have experienced the same thing, so I just use HomeSmack, then don't use the service and set the defaults manually from in there.

Upvote 0
Has anyone else noticed that after you download moto home fix and go back to using motoblur you can no longer hit the home button to take you back to your main page? You can close out of apps and stuff by pressing home, but if your just on a different page and you hit home it doesn't do anything and just keeps you there. I uninstalled moto home fix and now I can use the home button again. Is there a way around this?

no. The Moto home fix is for non-BLUR launchers. When you use hte default MotoUI you cannot use moto home fix.

I you plan to switch back an forth between the two launchers (BLUR and a 3rd party launcher) I suggest that you keep home fixer installed and simply freeze it using TiBu when you don't want it around....(which, of course, requires rooted access - so uninstalling may be the only alternative for unrooted users).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones