Moto Multimedia station problems x2Support

Last Updated:

1. Joewoowoo

Joewoowoo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My first moto multimedia station would not do anything when I put my droid into it, it stopped working after about a week. I called Verizon and had it replaced, I recieved my new one and it is doing the same thing since the very first time I put my phone into the cradle, all black screen. Does anyone know what might be my problem ?

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

It could be the phone. Download the Dockrunner app (it's free, I believe) and run it. That app puts your phone into the multimedia station mode without having the actual dock. If it works, then you know it's the dock. If you still get a black screen, then it's the phone.

3. Joewoowoo

Joewoowoo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks I will give it a try and post the results back here, thanks again.

4. BottledHate

BottledHate Well-Known Member

what is the cradle plugged in to?

is it getting enough power(laptop)?

5. aguillon5

aguillon5 Well-Known Member

when I dock my phone it actually turns the screen black and turns phone off. It will not restart without doing a battery pull. I thought it was home++beta and other apps I installed yesterday but no luck so far

6. deskset

deskset Active Member

Read the posts and rushed to the VZ store to exchange. Not a problem until I got home.
    Same problem-no charge while in the dock. This is frustrating. It was a 2 hour round trip for nothing.
    I am not going to go back to the store until I give the manager an earful.
    When I go again to return this one, I going to demand my money back. It is not worth getting a 3rd one.:mad:

7. bigbee

bigbee Well-Known Member

The dock is not an active device. It has a pair of magnets to trigger the dock mode in the phone, and it passes the USB power from the back female micro USB port to the male micro USB that connects to the phone. These issues appear to be in the phones, and they may very well be software related. I doubt that any of the docks are defective.

8. deskset

deskset Active Member

Thank you Bigbee. It was a simple solution: take all parts of the protective cover off before docking.
    Deskset