Moto News Widget Dependancies?

Last Updated:

1. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure if this is in the correct place... If not, my apologies and the mods can feel free to move it into the correct area...

I am trying to get the MotoBlur News Widget working on my rooted X running Apex 1...

I am not looking for the Android News and Weather, I am looking for the Blur News Widget...

I have the systemapp 2.2 files and have found the NewsWidget.apk but it will not install via root explorer or command line...

I assume it's wanting another file (dependency) and hope someone will know what it seeks...

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
  2. soapinmouth

soapinmouth Well-Known Member

+1would love to know

3. zane!

zane! Well-Known Member

When I was using Ti Backup to freeze all my blur on 2.1 I recall seeing a "news&weather feed" app, or something along those lines, that pulled the data for the blur widgets.

EDIT: Try going through the 2.2 system dump files and see if anything is named along those lines. I've never ran blur on 2.2, but the .apk should be named similar to 2.1.

4. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No such .apk in the 2.2 .rar files....

I give up on getting it working...

5. Randroid123

Randroid123 Member

I think we have all been searching too deep... Its the blurhome.apk! All widgets from blur are depending on this stock blur launcher... Including messaging, social status, news, social networking....

6. soapinmouth

Negative, I have that apk frozen on my phone and im running the news widget.

7. Randroid123

Randroid123 Member

U need to unfreeze it... Freezing it makes it not recognized as an apk so its only taking up memory in your system folder... No ram... Meaning its never activated

8. soapinmouth

I think your confused, what I ment was I have the news widget working with blur home frozen.

9. Randroid123

Randroid123 Member

I didn't misunderstand... Unfreeze the blulr launcher, restart your phone, and get back to me

10. Ejgilkey

Ejgilkey New Member

I was able to get the Blur news widget working perfectly by installing BlurHome.apk and NewsWidget.apk from the removedapps.zip download. Anybody still unable to get this working?