• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Motorola Connect" rocks!

asterix007

Nov 29, 2009
I searched and did not see any threads.. Try "Motorola Connect". It rocks!

For those who do not know what it is:

It is an extension to the Chrome browser, which allows you to access the Text and Calls from your phone in a browser on a PC in real time. The PC and the phone do *not* need to be on the same Wifi network.

It is just awesome..

Reactions: alostpacket
I searched and did not see any threads.. Try "Motorola Connect". It rocks!

For those who do not know what it is:

It is an extension to the Chrome browser, which allows you to access the Text and Calls from your phone in a browser on a PC in real time. The PC and the phone do *not* need to be on the same Wifi network.

It is just awesome..

can it send text messages as well?

Upvote 0
I've been using Google Voice for years, and so I haven't bothered trying Motorola Connect. Anything else I should check out with it besides voicemails and texts?
Given the way GV has a tendency to split threads to the same person, it may make sense to explore Connect, strictly for the better UI and handling.

Personally, I've used MightText before Motorola Connect. I find myself bouncing back between using services like these and not, depending on the spike in text messages. I'm otherwise usually on Hangouts with other Google account users.

Upvote 0
It was working well for me until yesterday. I was having a hard time connecting and for a long period said it couldn't. I'm going to delete the extension and re-install as suggested above.

So far other than this latest hiccup its very nice and simple. I would love to see support for MMS messages in the future though!

Upvote 0
It was working well for me until yesterday. I was having a hard time connecting and for a long period said it couldn't. I'm going to delete the extension and re-install as suggested above.

So far other than this latest hiccup its very nice and simple. I would love to see support for MMS messages in the future though!

Mine also disconnected last night but I was able to connect again after signing out and logging back in.

Been using the Motorola Connect ever since I got my Moto X. It really comes in handy. I love it.

Upvote 0

Mine also disconnected last night but I was able to connect again after signing out and logging back in.

Google and Motorola services were having problems yesterday for a little while. You may have received a notification about the Google sync issues on the phone. It was probably what caused your issues yesterday.

Upvote 0
Mine's broken. I set it up yesterday and have re-installed the extension but still get no text pop-ups. It's connected and when I open the extension it refreshes and shows the texts, it's like it needs a manual shove though.

I don't have notifications turned on for stock text, I'm using the Verizon Messenger app instead. I don't think that should make a difference though?

Are you guys all using the stock text app or are you getting to work with something else? Or, is there a delay? How quick is it supposed to be?

Upvote 0
Using stock here. I hate VZW software, it's almost universally terrible -- buggy, unintuitive, and pushy. (though I have no idea about the vz messenger, not trying to put down your choice of txt app).

Funny (awesome?) story about Moto Connect though....

I got a txt message the other day and wasnt paying attention to what I was doing and just started replying from my PC.

Only after about 2-3 messages back and forth did I even realize I was technically "texting" haha. :D

The whole time I thought I was using G-chat or something.

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones