• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Have we verified that eric is in fact running update1? Pinch and zoom wasn't enabled in Android until 2.1-update1....maybe his nexus hasn't picked up that OTA for some reason?

Oh didn't know that!!! My phone came preinstalled with 2.1-update1

I have firmware virsion 2.1
Maybe that explains the pinch/zoom issue!! :D

Even though you're returning the phone...at least you have this little issue solved for what it's worth XD

Upvote 0
Not reallyy, this much I know

Roze, I DO have 2.1. And I may have 2.1 with update, IF that is what the latest is. According to Google I DO have the latest. I just don't have Froyo yet.

So the browser issue is NOT solved. It still doesn't work when it should. Somewhere back in the post, it got lost that I posted, "it HAD worked" at one point

Regardless, the more important reason for turning in now for another is:
1. Self , pointless, turn-off
2. Self, auto-starter (or something along those lines) forced to close

Thanks to all helping in this thread.

Upvote 0
Not reallyy, this much I know

Roze, I DO have 2.1. And I may have 2.1 with update, IF that is what the latest is. According to Google I DO have the latest. I just don't have Froyo yet.

So the browser issue is NOT solved. It still doesn't work when it should. Somewhere back in the post, it got lost that I posted, "it HAD worked" at one point

Regardless, the more important reason for turning in now for another is:
1. Self , pointless, turn-off
2. Self, auto-starter (or something along those lines) forced to close

Thanks to all helping in this thread.

If it says, 2.1 Update 1 then you should have multi touch. When i first got my N1 a couple months back. It came with 2.1 then I got an update right away which updated it to 2.1 update 1, which enabled multi touch.

Anyways... just sounds like u have a bad apple. It happens though, and at least you're getting a new one!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones