Mounting Hero in car for sat Nav

Last Updated:

1. Lowrider

Lowrider Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there

First off, this is a great forum! It's my first time with a smartphone and I'm enjoying the Hero a lot.

I've got into getting apps and found CoPilot Live to be great - but I need to be able to mount the Hero somewhere in my car securely so that I can use the sat nav safely.

I've seen a few mounts mentioned, but usually in the context of listening to music or recharging.

If anyone can recommend a mount they've had personal experience of using that would be great.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. jev

jev Well-Known Member

I bought a generic Adapt car holder that features a suction cup to mount it to the windscreen. Works great, can't beat the price.

Now, if you don't mind drilling holes or hang it from the air-outlets, look at Brodit. Their proclips are very good.

3. jplamb

jplamb Well-Known Member

4. Skoodle

Skoodle New Member

I use the following holder for mine, came with a charger too, and also flips around, although I only really use it in portrait as I can see further ahead when using CoPilot than landscape mode. I did also purchase an fm transmitter too from amazon, can't remember the link though sorry. Absolutely perfect combination!

HTC Hero Car Upgrade Kit - CU S210

5. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

6. Crafoo

Crafoo Member

7. pdrhan

pdrhan Well-Known Member

This one rocks - the only perfect solution for your beloved Hero
    Buy a Brodit HTC Hero Car Holder | UK

8. Lowrider

Lowrider Member This Topic's Starter

That's great! A huge amount of options... I shall investigate - or maybe I should just get them all and have the car covered in fixtures and fittings ;-) L

9. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

I swear by Brodit active holders (the bit that is specific to your phone) and mounts (the bit that is specific for your car). I have used them for my last 3 phones, including the Hero. Not cheap but the best.