• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mounting to PC?

turbomentor

May 14, 2010
Pace FL
Yes, I've done some searching for answers, none provided a good solution. Hopeful someone has seen this and can help.

Rooted 2.2, stock kernel etc. No ROM changes (yet).

Trying to xferr some media files from internal mem to SD card. Shouldn't be this hard!
- USB Debugging checked, rebooted phone, stock charging cable
- Connect to PC, select "MOUNT AS DISK" option on phone; AUTOPLAY pops up, but then windows explorer refuses to open and locks up. Only fix is to unplug phone from computer.
- Booted into Clockwork Recovery and tried to mount system. Now when I plug phone into PC, I show two new drives (good) but then when I click on them in explorer, it says "Please insert a disc into external drive" (BAD).

I don't think this should be that tough! Is this a rooted phone issue? A windows issue? A general Android OS issue? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

I use "Root Explorer" and just hit the "mount" button and move what I want between the card and the internal memory. But if you're not trying to move or change a system file, you shouldn't even need to mount or unmount. Before I rooted, I moved all my MP3's to my phones internal memory to free up my SD card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones