• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Move Home Screens

jmoneill

Lurker
Apr 4, 2011
I've got myself an awesome shiny Nexus 4 and populated my home screens with apps and widgets but I'd like to change the order in which the different home screens appear (rather than have to individually move a load of apps). Is there any way to do this in JB and if so how? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonny

on your home screen, press the home screen button again. A pop up will then show with a list of your home screens - you can then drag them around into whatever order you wish.

I dont know if this is available on standard Jellybean or whether its because I use a launcher, but might be worth a shot anyway.

No, it is not available on standard Jellybean. I don't remember being able to do this on any stock Android version.

Upvote 0
Not without a launcher as far as I know. I use Nova and it lets you drag and drop home screens into a different order as well as change the number of home screens.

Lots of other benefits too, so I would recommend it anyway.

I would recommend Nova launcher as well. If you run it as is without fiddling it's almost exactly the same look and feel as JB, although it's a lot more fun if you fiddle.

When you first start using it, import your screen layout from your stock launcher, should be fairly obvious, this will stop you have to re-create all your screens. Although you'll almost def want to go for a 5x5 or 5x6 layout anyway as this fits the Nexus screen much better so you'll prob be doing a bit of re-gigging anyway.

Reactions: jmoneill
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones