• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Moving from 2.1 to 2.2...

This is the official Froyd afaik : ) . Reason I installed it didnt have sense :p . No idea if or when there will be some Sense for 2.2 from them availaible maybe later through the kitchen :D .

It's a lot better since moving my apps to the SD card, very quick and so far I likey... just getting used to it now and gonna see how the battery goes.

One thing... I cant seem to change the keyboard from qwerty to phone keypad for when the phone is vertical!? I prefer it coz I have big fingers. Suggestions?

P.S. Thanks again for your help before.

Upvote 0
Yeah, get rid of that please. :) I was in somewhat of a panic!! Hahaha.

I might just try running with this for a bit. The thing I was missing were controls for mobile data and stuff but I found something for it.

So, is this what it's supposed to look like? Or does the official Froyd have Sense on it?

It might be a looong time before sense is seen on 2.2 for hero.

If you miss the sense widgets, look for launcherpro plus. It has a lot of sense replacements. costs around $3.

Upvote 0
Where you cant change it? If you are speaking about the phone app. Download right away dialer one!

And dont watch the battery :p but seriously. If you watch it it drains faster!

It's for when I'm texting, I prefer using a phone keypad rather than a QWERTY one but there's no option - there used to be a little cog to access settings on 2.1 but no such thing now. There is a settings option but nothing on there for changing the keypad style.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
To fix the keyboard, go to titanium backup and uninstall HTC_IME (Technically this step isn't necessary, but froyd ships with a disgusting theme on HTC_IME). Download the low res, 1.5 version of this keyboard. (1.6 Might work, and will give you the speach to text button, but I'm not 100% if it will).

Then install it via astro, go to Settings >> Text and Input and find HTC_IME, tick it, and go to the settings for that keyboard. I don't know the specific options needed in there, but dig around until you find the option for Phone Keypad/Compact QWERTY. Once those are enabled, go to a text box, long press and then choose HTC_IME as the input method.

I remember the option being there that swiping left/right could cycle between the three keyboards. So you can set that up, or make the phone keypad the only option.

Upvote 0
To fix the keyboard, go to titanium backup and uninstall HTC_IME (Technically this step isn't necessary, but froyd ships with a disgusting theme on HTC_IME). Download the low res, 1.5 version of this keyboard. (1.6 Might work, and will give you the speach to text button, but I'm not 100% if it will).

Then install it via astro...

Not installing, just keeps saying "application not installed" but I uninstalled the old one with Titanium and tried installing the 1.5 and 1.6 ones.

Upvote 0

Downloaded this one and it's pretty good, still think the stock keyboards on VillainROM 12 were basically perfect but I'm gonna give 1.5 more time to wow me.

UPDATE: Still not being wowed at all, not liking the battery life and this keyboard app is not as fast as 2.1 was. I give it til the weekend before I reflash it back to 2.1 or something.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones