• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MP3 as ringtone volume question

gripweed

Android Enthusiast
May 11, 2010
I put some MP3s on my Inc and the audio player plays them fine and they're pretty loud coming out of the speaker.

Now, I took one of those MP3s and set it as my ring tone. I turned the ringtone volume all the way up and when I got a call, it's like half the volume as it played as an MP3.

Why do I lose so much volume? Is there any way to make that louder?

yeah that's such a shitty workaround. i noticed this problem too. my ringtones are a nice loud volume, and i export them to the phone. i turn the ringer volume to about halfway, only to realize that when it rings, it's only as loud as if the ringer volume were at one bar. i made a post about this the other day; there were no suggestions other than the one above...and clearly it doesn't work

Upvote 0
yeah that's such a shitty workaround. i noticed this problem too. my ringtones are a nice loud volume, and i export them to the phone. i turn the ringer volume to about halfway, only to realize that when it rings, it's only as loud as if the ringer volume were at one bar. i made a post about this the other day; there were no suggestions other than the one above...and clearly it doesn't work

Go Sabres. Big fan.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones