1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

mp3 or media player advise

Last Updated:

1. wekebu

wekebu New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    I have been a Windows Mobile user all my Cell Life. I'm liking the Android OS, but I have one deal-breaker app that I would like to know if it's available on Android.

I use my phone approx. 4-5 hours daily for listening to podcasts, no music. I currently use a program called Pocket Player. The company doesn't have an Android app. Pocket Player has so many features for tweaking the player just the way I like it and there are two features that I have to have on my next phone.

The features are a programable fast forward xx seconds and rewind xx seconds. I can map physical buttons on the phone to respond to a press with 60 seconds fast forward or a 30 second rewind. When listening to tech talk, it's critical that I can rewind.

Also, AVRCP controls. I use a bluetooth headset while listening to the podcasts, so I can Pause or fast forward when needed.

Hopefully, I'll be an Android user when my current contract expires.

Advertisement
  2. wekebu

wekebu New Member This Topic's Starter

No one?

3. nerdrage

nerdrage New Member

I'm looking for something too. Hang in there, maybe someone will give us an answer. I've been using google listen. But I've only used it once in the last day, so I can't really review it.

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

if you're looking for podcast apps try doggcatcher. You can use the 24 hour period to return the app for a refund if it isn't what you're after

5. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

the closest i could think of it btunes. it's an ipod touch interface clone. you can also use it to skip a song completely using your camera button.