• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mp3 or media player advise

Hi,
I have been a Windows Mobile user all my Cell Life. I'm liking the Android OS, but I have one deal-breaker app that I would like to know if it's available on Android.

I use my phone approx. 4-5 hours daily for listening to podcasts, no music. I currently use a program called Pocket Player. The company doesn't have an Android app. Pocket Player has so many features for tweaking the player just the way I like it and there are two features that I have to have on my next phone.

The features are a programable fast forward xx seconds and rewind xx seconds. I can map physical buttons on the phone to respond to a press with 60 seconds fast forward or a 30 second rewind. When listening to tech talk, it's critical that I can rewind.

Also, AVRCP controls. I use a bluetooth headset while listening to the podcasts, so I can Pause or fast forward when needed.

Hopefully, I'll be an Android user when my current contract expires.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones