• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multi level timer, maybe with TASKER?

SebaKL

Android Enthusiast
Oct 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Hello guys,

I'm looking for some kind of alarm that would run in certain intervals.

For example, I start an alarm, it rings 30min later, then 10min after that, another 10min after that and 30min.

I could of course, without any problem, set up standard alarm on my GS2, but the timing in which I need it is not consistent.

Let me explain. I had some sport injury. So now, as part of my strength building, I do set of intense exercise routines. The first 30min I will be running, follow by some weight training, stretching, more wights, stretching again, running, cool down and cycling.

I get to gym in different times, everyday but never the same time, so I end up changing the alarms manually, sometimes moving it by 30min back or forth. Which is really annoying and by the time I'm done with the last alarm, I will be short of few minutes because the first one is already counting down. Not a life drama :) But I'm sure there has to be some kind of trick to have set of alarms, notifications, sound warnings, where once I trigger one, the rest of the events follows from there on.
I don't like to mingle with my phone while I work out, especially that most of the time I do lots of swimming and my hands are wet, don't want to touch the phone to set new alarm or timer.

I do have a Tasker, but with all honesty, never used it once. I wanted it to trigger my Cycling route apps, on GPS when I get to certain location etc... but with the gingerbread update 2.3.6 Tasker can no longer toggle GPS On/Off without user consent, so the reason for which I bought it, was no longer valid, never tried to use it since. Perhaps I could do something like that with TASKER?

Any ideas, suggestions, most welcome and most appreciated.

Have a nice day guys

regards
Sebastian

I'm looking for some kind of alarm that would run in certain intervals.

For example, I start an alarm, it rings 30min later, then 10min after that, another 10min after that and 30min.

Sebastian,

What you want is easily within Tasker's capabilities. Take a look at the example profile here and it should give you a good idea of how to set it up.

Upvote 0
Sebastian,

What you want is easily within Tasker's capabilities. Take a look at the example profile here and it should give you a good idea of how to set it up.

Thank you Slug,

I will check it out. I'm totally lost when comes to Tasker, but this should at least give me some idea what is that I'm doing. Comes the worst, I will try to get in touch with the kind person who shared the XML files in the first place.

Thank you, as always for the prompt follow up.
Good day to you Slug

regards
Seba

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones