Multi-Tasking....not really?

Last Updated:

1. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apparently my T-Mobile G2 (HTC Hero) multi-tasks. Why is it then, that I might be playing a game (say Puzzle Attack) and I get a new email notification. I slide down the notification bar, click the email notification, read the notification, go back to Puzzle Attack and it takes me to the main menu.

This happens on, I think, every single game I have played. Is there something that the app developers can do to force the app to close instead of simply going to the background? Is it *really* multi-tasking?

Advertisement
  2. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Most games work like that. Depend on the developer's coding, I believe, not the OS itself.

3. brykins

Seems a bit daft for "puzzle" type games. Could understand it if were an action game or something, but a puzzle game can just stand in the background doing nothing until I come back to it.

4. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

The funny thing is that I vaguely remember ExZeus or possibly Raging Thunder 2--both 3D, graphic-intensive games--pausing when I switched to another app, and when I came back was where I'd left them.

5. brykins

So it's defo based on whether the app developers decided to implement it or not. At least I know now that it may well be multi-tasking, just not in the apps I am using. Ta.

6. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Try long pressing the home button and reopening the game, it probably will save your progress at the least so you can continue?