• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multiple devices cannot connect to wifi, others can

bubkusjones

Aug 7, 2012
Southern Ontario
Ok, my sister is currently in Italy on a vacation. She has an SGS2 LTE currently on 4.1.2, a Galaxy Tab 2 on 4.1.1 and an HP laptop with Windows 7. All of them work fine on the various wireless networks around home (hers, mine, our mother's, and the various public wifi networks around the city).

She gets to Italy and on both the wifi of her host family (where their computers work fine) and on the public wifi of the cafe she stopped at while out, she keeps getting "authentication" errors, or "poor connection" (despite being in the room WITH the router) issues.

I'm really not sure how to help her with this, partially because she's half a world away right now and I don't have the router admin login.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones