• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multiple Online Calendar Question

I have a droid and my google calendar set up.

I am a contractor and would like to bring up, separately, 3 other calendars which I have not yet set up.

One will be for work scheduled

The other 2 would be for different items.

I want to be able to bring them up separately, not in my gmail calendar, and want 2 additional persons besides me to be able to edit and view same.

This is probably easy, but I am going in circles trying to show additional calendars alone.

Any help would be most appreciated.

go to calendars.google.com, then on the left you'll see the tab "my calendars" ... at the bottom right is a button marked "Create" ... create your new calendars. Then if you click on the calendar name in that "my calendars" tab, it will disappear (so to view one at a time click the two you don't want, then when you want to view those again you can reclick them) ... however, by default each calendar will be a different color and you have the option to change the color further, so you really don't need to only view one at a time since they will be easily distinguishable, but if you'd still like to the option is there.

Now, as for sharing the calendars, that's also pretty easy. At the very top right of the page, you should see your email address in bold along with some other options ... click the one marked "Settings" ... then click the "Calendars" tab, then click the calendar that you would like to share, then there will be options for sharing the calendar ... enter in the person's email address you would like to share it with and click enter - by default he will only be able to "see all event details" - that is a drop down menu though, so select it and change it to "make changes to events"

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any more questions

Reactions: paverbill
Upvote 0
EDIT: Damn...too slow...

To set up separate calenders, I believe you have to do that online.

Go under My Calendars on the left side, and click on create. Once you have created the calendars and events, just click Settings (under My Calendars again), and then Share This Calendar. From there, edit the permissions.

Each of the other people will have to go through the Google Calendar "Mobile Setup."

I have never done it personally, but it seems like following those steps should get you what you need.

Reactions: paverbill
Upvote 0
Dodger55fan:

Thanks for the procedure. I had what I would call a personal calendar with some sports schedules added and appointments, both work and personal. When trying to integrate the business stuff. The crew schedules were cluttering up the other.

Using your procedures, I additionally took out another gmail account for the business stuff. Then, using CalWidget on the droid, I set up separate widgets on my phone. Since I use Helixlauncher, I have enough screens and can quiclky view these now by the widgets ability to show only selected calendars. It took your simple steps to make this click.

Now if only I could drop my access records in the calendar the sun would rise early.<grin>

Thanks again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones