MultiWindow Manager for JB 4.1.2Tips

1. bjbinc

bjbinc Member

[​IMG]

You can take a look here to see that this is legit and not spam or malware:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2079807

This app will allow you to easily manage what apps can be run in multi-window mode. Now you can run any app in multi-window mode.

REQUIRES ROOT & JELLY BEAN 4.1.2

Update 1.1.3- Added support for others.xml and dexed the code so it should run a little faster now

Update 1.1.2- Fixed a bug preventing apps from being selected by clicking directly on the checkbox.

Update 1.1.1- You can now filter applications by enabled and disabled state

Update 1.1- Added icons to the list and streamlined the code under the hood a little bit.

Update 1.01- Apps not checked in the manager will be added to the feature.xml file with a preceding "-". This is to fix a bug where some apps were retaining multi-window features even after un-checking them in the manager

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    :
    JvdMaat, ckelly33 and jzebrahockey like this.
  2. streetkilln

streetkilln Well-Known Member

I tryed it but i didnt see it requiers root lol
  3. JvdMaat

JvdMaat Member

This app may convince me to finally root my Note. I didn't really have any need to prior.
    Everything multi-window is just too powerful to skip.
    bjbinc likes this.
  4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I've had no desire to even look into rooting, but now I may. So what's the easiest method to root if I want my tablet to "feel" exactly the same? I don't care for too many custom tweaks or anything.
    bjbinc likes this.
  5. jzebrahockey

jzebrahockey Well-Known Member

bjbinc likes this.
  6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Rooting does not change ANYTHING in how the tablet looks or feels. It only gives higher user rights on the device. It is like logging onto your PC with admin rights over logging into it as a guest with only user rights. Nothing really changes, but the system itself gives you higher privileges.

I am not sure if there are any other methods, but the main one is to just use ODIN and flash an unsecure recovery. Check the guide posted in All Things Root sub-forum.
    bjbinc likes this.
  7. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member

Does mulitwindow manager place (or allow for placing) the desired apps in the quick-launch bar (or whatever it is called)?
  8. Szadzik

I believe so. Tht is the point, anyway.
  9. ckelly33

Actually the point addresses is altering the ability to use apps in multiwindow. Nothing was mentioned about the dock. I haven't rooted yet so I'm just clarifying.
  10. bjbinc

bjbinc Member

Yes apps can be placed in the tray as well.
    ckelly33 likes this.
  11. jonrud

jonrud Well-Known Member

Is there no other way to add apps to multi window without rooting?.
  12. bjbinc

bjbinc Member

You can decompile the .apk and modify the androidmanifest.xml file then recompile it. Then you have to sign it, uninstall the original app, and install your modded .apk. After all that...you wont be able to get updates for the app through the play store.
  13. jonrud

jonrud Well-Known Member

What the chances of an english version of that answer?.....:confused:
  14. bjbinc

bjbinc Member

Lol that's the point...its much easier to just root your tablet ;)
  15. ckelly33

I put it into Google translate and got the following - "It's easier to just root it":D
    bjbinc likes this.
  16. jonrud

jonrud Well-Known Member

Bit of ganging up going on here I am in the uk with 4.1.1 will it still work if I do this root thing.:confused:
  17. bjbinc

bjbinc Member

No it will only work on 4.1.2
  18. jonrud

jonrud Well-Known Member

Oh well back to the drawing board thanks anyway.:rolleyes:
  19. ckelly33

I was KIDDING! I didn't understand it either!!!
  20. jonrud

jonrud Well-Known Member

Thank god for that I thought it was altzimers setting in and I am only 97.:)
    ckelly33 likes this.
  21. EvanCaerleon

EvanCaerleon Active Member

ck I enjoyed it and that could happen :)
  22. Szadzik

There is a program for it, so no need to root really. Everything described in that previous post is done automatically for you and there is also a list of all apps that have already been modified by users. Do a search it has already been discussed and a link was provided.
  23. bjbinc

bjbinc Member

Considering you cant get updates for any apps you mod...and you still have to transfer apks back and forth between your tablet and pc...its still easier to root.

It may be his only option because hes on 4.1.1...but we didnt know that at the time. If you are on 4.1.2...its definitely easier to root.
  24. Szadzik

The only issue is warranty. At least for some.
  25. bjbinc

bjbinc Member

Resetting your binary counter is no problem...but I didnt intend to start going back and forth. Root...dont root...idc

I just cant imagine being locked out of my own devices lol