• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music App showing deleted songs

Bgranger

Lurker
Aug 22, 2010
I don't know if this is a problem with using double twist to sync music then the default player to play it, but i recently wiped all my phones music useing double twist media sync program and then put some more music on... after this i went into the default music player and it was very lagy and showed songs that i had removed with double twist but when i went to play them it would play a random song that was on the phone... does anyone know how to get the media player on droid x to rescan your sd card so i can realize that some songs are gone now?

Did you try rebooting your phone? Also, you can go to the setting app/data option and delete the date for the default music player, that may force a rescan. If you have an app manager you can kill the music player (advanced app killer or ESTRONGS app manager) then restart it.

One more thing to try; although if you had it mounted to sync it it may not change anything is mounting it again, then un-mounting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones