• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music file not supported

gutted

Jun 21, 2010
Boston
I noticed a similar thread by another member. However, my problem is not constant.

Sometimes, and as far as I can see it's random, my phone cannot play the music files I have on my SD card. I've tried the stock player and Mixzing. The music is WMA format. Sometimes it'll play the first few seconds, then stop. Sometimes, when I press party shuffle after it says it can't play it plays! This is not just one album, but any of them. Other times it works fine.

Is it the WMA format? If I re-rip as MP3 will that help? It's annoying when I think I'm going to listen to an album on a bike ride and then can't!

Would frustrate the hell out of me too. But like I said, just rip to mp3 as it's a pretty universal format for players.

Well, now I'm completely stumped. The other day, it gave me the same message for an album that I ripped in mp3 format! It told me the file type was not supported.

Could it have something to do with my SD card? I'm really stumped. I've tried 3 different players (stock, Mixzing, and I now use Winamp). Sometimes the WMA's play... sometimes not even the MP3 albums play.

Thank goodness I have Pandora on there for backup!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones