• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music Player Error

redboy

Lurker
May 27, 2010
I believe, since loading the 2.2 kernel, that my music player no longer sees my MP3s. I can see then on my SD w/ my PC (tethered) and AndExplorer, etc...

When I play them in WMP all the tag info is fine as well as album art... but they just don't show up on Music Player or Meridian (even after doing refresh).

I've backed up, reformatted, and reloaded SD. Even w/ only one album loaded into sd/music I get nothing in either player. I've ejected and reloaded SD too... several times. I pared down the filenames on a few files thinking that might be it... nothing still.

I just bumped back to my 2.1 setup and the problem still persists.

I'm thinking it's something to do with the tags I made not being compatible w/ Android (and other) Music Player. Is there a spec on what version tags must or must not be for the player to read them properly.

Windows Media Player read my MP3s (and all info within) just fine... but my Android can't see the info it's looking for.

I went and cleaned up my MP3s to make sure tag info was complete... perhaps that change is what made them essentially invisible now.

I can still browse them and they play... but there is no tag info when Music Player or Meridian are playing the song.

Upvote 0
Okay... I reinstalled my 2.2 kernel and used Meridian to refresh. The only way I could get that to work to a degree was to use Meridian's browsers and refresh while in each subdirectory I made for each album... after doing that to about 10 directories, I actually had album, artist, track info I could play from... BUT... Meridian would seem to forget the info - i.e. I'd come back and try to play and only find say one album indexed (instead of the dozen it HAD indexed earlier). I can enter any directory and refrest, then play the album in it's entirity w/ all tag info. I'm going to attempt to make a big messy sd/music directory NOT sorted by album subdirectories and see fi that helps. Also... refreshing a directory was utually a 2 step process: I'd refreshe and only about say half the songs would show up in blue letters (I'm assuming indicating that the tag infor had been integrated). After the second refresh of same directory all the songs were there w/ appropriate info... but they'd disappear sometime afterward and I'd have to redo the whole process the next time I went to search by album/artist/etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones