• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music player of choice?

The Lock Screen widget is flaky. If you wake er up with the Power button, all is well. If you wake er with the Home button, all is not. It unlocks the phone! The Lock Screen with widget shows up very briefly, but immediately disappears to whatever the previous Home Screen was.

There has been complaints from other S3 users about this since the 4.1.2 update, but there is no reference on ProPlayer's website, but some discussion on it in the forum, with no solutions presented. People without stock ROMs seem to be immune. Who knows, maybe I'll run into this on all of them.
Well I'm happy to report that after paying for PlayerPro my lockscreen widget works normally now, turning on the screen from either button. Either it's a newer version from the one I trialed, or the recent MF1 update for my SGS3 that's making the difference.

Either way it works great and it holds it's place in a file hours, overnight and longer! I decided to pass on PowerAmp because of the confusion of the way it gathers and presents files in their locations, even when I limit it. PlayerPro just works and I don't have to always see the complete path for every folder on my phone in folder view. I found that to be a turnoff. (It had other cool things, though;))

Upvote 0
Player Pro! I use my S3 as the stereo in my 67 Old's convertible (plugged directly into an amp under the seat.) Player Pro is the easiest to control while driving (it also has it's own volume control.) I also use XM radio app, Pandora, TuneIn Radio & Google maps navi... all work great. Best part, when I get there I just put my phone in pocket & nothing visible for the thieves to steal!

IMG_0831.JPG

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones