• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music Shortcut Launches Different App

BuisyBizz

Dec 17, 2009
NYC
So yesterday morning after the subway went underground I exited iHeart Radio and went to launch the music app (stock) from the shortcut on my home screen. Instead of the music app opening up, Google Voice opens. I think WTF, that's weird. Try from the app drawer, same results. Hadn't rebooted in a while, so I reboot and the shortcut worked after.

This morning, I go to launch the music app and the Yahoo Mail app opens instead. This time I delete the shortcut and re-add it, use the search widget to find music, and got the same result. I didnt feel like rebooting so I just added the music widget to one of the home screens and used that to access the music app. It's still happening now, though I haven't rebooted yet.

This happen to anyone else?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones