• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music software for Android phones.

skihan

Lurker
Aug 30, 2013
Can it be as good as Itunes?

This is the easiest software I have used when it comes to editing song information and transferring music. I have a lot of songs and I like to have them clearly organized under their artist names/albums and such.

And this is the only reason I am considering an Iphone.

I am not talking about the music app on the phone! I am talking about the PC suite software that phone manufacturers provide for transferring songs from computer to phone.

My question is how are the pc software that the Android phone manufacturers provide with? (HTC, Sony, Samsung, etc)

If I could organize all the songs as well as I can on Itunes, then I will consider an Android phone.

I currently have a Nokia N8 and the Nokia music software is not very good for organizing songs.

Never had any problems with simply cutting and pasting to the sd card from my pc, no syncing of any kind required. Also really impressed with how spotify and Google play both pulled everything off my computer into the cloud to Listen anywhere. Doesn't get any easier than how that worked.

Itunes honestly kind of gives me a headache trying to figure out what's going on (likely because I rarely use it).

Upvote 0
I just pulled all my music off of mass storage, uploaded it to Google Play, and then downloaded it onto the phone. Reason being was that my phone had messed up the Album Art. It took the cover from one album and applied it to many. Play does not play nice with meta tags. I was able to edit and fix it via Google Play's website and then download it onto the phone. The downside is you can't access them via mass storage or use the songs as an alarm on the app I use. Time to find a better alarm app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones