• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music Widget

22Cnt

Lurker
May 13, 2014
Hey, so i have started using Nova Launcher on my HTC M8. But now i cant use the stock music widget and the google play one looks ugly. I was wondering if there was any other widgets for the stock music player available.

I have tried Universal Music Widget and Jacks Widgets, both with bugs. Universal Music player wont launch the music app when i tap it and jacks doesnt display album art.

This is a Sense issue, not a Nova launcher issue. The stock music widget is integrated into the Sense launcher, not a separate service, thus Nova can't see it. Similar to how Go Widgets only work with Go Launcher.

Oh, my bad :eek: Thanks chanchan!

So the fact that the stock music player is a /system.apk (?), (integrated into the Sense launcher) Nova cannot see /system apps?

I would surmise one option would be to install a 3rd party music player such as Poweramp or the like?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones